Saturday, November 3, 2007

"Blessed Are They That Mourn..."

Sorry for slacking off on the posts...

On Monday morning, I found out that one of my good friends from NY, Darius Jenkins, was shot and killed in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn, NY. This is a very sad time for the Bethel Gospel Tabernacle church family, as all of our young people are very close. Darius and I worked together as sound technicians at BGT, and was a diligent, consistent, dependable guy, always serving to the glory of God. I was the key guy training him to take over due to my departure for Howard University for education.

(Here's a clip of the article, found in the New York Times)

Because of this tragedy, I will be traveling all day back to New York for his wake, funeral, and burial in order to support his family, friends, and loved ones. The funeral will be on Friday, November 2, 2007. I had been previously planned on starting my series on the NBA season today, complete with analysis, projections, and predictions, but I will hold off on the project until later.

However, to avoid the ensuing controversy due to the fact that I will be able to learn more about the teams over the next couple of days that may skew my predictions, here's a brief breakdown on my expectations for this NBA season.

Eastern Conference Playoffs
1. Chicago Bulls (w/ or w/o Kobe)
2. Boston Celtics
3. Detroit Pistons
4. Orlando Magic
5. Miami Heat
6. Washington Wizards
7. Toronto Raptors
8. New York Knicks

Barely Missing Out: Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavs, New Jersey Nets

Western Conference Playoffs
1. Phoenix Suns
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Denver Nuggets
4. Dallas Mavericks
5. Houston Rockets
6. Utah Jazz
7. Memphis Grizzlies
8a. Los Angeles Lakers (w/ Kobe)
8b. Portland Trailblazers (w/o Kobe in LA)

Barely Missing Out: Golden State Warriors, New Orleans Hornets

MVP: Dwight Howard (KG, runner up)
Coach of the Year: Stan Van Gundy, Rick Adelman
NBA Finals: San Antonio over Chicago (4-2)

Keep Darius' family, friends, and loved ones in your prayers, and me as I travel back to New York.

-TTK

No comments:

Post a Comment